RCU Forums - View Single Post - MVVS Twins
Thread: MVVS Twins
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 08:19 AM
fujiman
My Feedback: (133)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MVVS Twins

fiery, guess if i had enlarged the pics. you posted i would have seen the little brass diverter you mentioned. i worry about how long that would last before eng. pluses and vibra. would cause it to break off and the eng. eating it??? i'm also looking at opening up slightly the intake ''slot'' in the reed valve body as it looks very restrictive!!!!! any loose of flow here could cause a ''govenor effect'' and thereby limiting output of the eng. much like restricter plates that nascar engs. are required to use. we used to use restricter plates in the tow tractor engs. when i worked for skywest airlines. we would install an aluminum plate under the carb. with a 3/4'' inch hole in it and this way limit the rpm output of eng. but wouldn't effect the idle at all, just top rpm. mechanical throt. govs. were very expensive, the plates worked and cost was almost 0. i thot i would open up that slot and blend the top of the reed housing to match the carb. base, then taper it down to the base of the slot, much like blending a manifold or cyl. head would be, opened up then blend back into the manifold or head port.