Thread: MVVS Twins
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 01:18 PM
fiery
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: MVVS Twins

Hi Fujiman!

I acquired one of these engines not long after we exchanged a few emails a while ago.

For my other thoughts on fuel distribution, please jump to the "MVVS Twin" thread in the "Everything Diesel" forum.

I will follow the deflector route, but will secure it to the plinth with two small countersunk head machine screws or similar.

My engine was received 2nd hand. However, it has fantastic compression and the desirable black factory pitts silencers. The intake hole in the plinth has been bored out to circular by a previous owner. I am in two minds about the benefit of that. What you say is true ... but, also, the engine will only flow as much fuel as the reeds can admit. If the factory thought it would have been worth it, they would have made the intake circular, which when you consider it is a much more straightforward manufacturing step.

Food for thought there.

If mine does not work well, I will make an inverted "top hat" countersunk into the plinth, and plug the intake, and then mill the intake aperture back to as near to factory as I can get it! Hopefully that will not be required.