RCU Forums - View Single Post - Empty Power
Thread: Empty Power
View Single Post
Old 06-07-2011, 05:54 PM
JH313

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Empty Power

i recently purchased a 2.5r engine and installed it in my Traxxas Stampede. After the five break in drives per the manual, i decided to start running the engine through it's paces. After some full throttle across my lawn and some donuts on the driveway (both a lot of fun), i decided to jump it off sidewalk into the street. After lining it up i got up to about half throttle and drove it off the curb. it had a pretty good landing (still right side up), but the engine wasn't turning the wheels, just revving up uncontrollably. the truck just coasted back to me no matter what throttle setting i had and when it finally stopped, i couldn't get the engine to rev down. When i finally got the body off i was able to shut it off but before that even with the throttle at idle it wouldn't slow down. I took it in for the night and today i realigned the engine and gears. Thinking that was the problem, i started it back up. Again, everything would spin except the large gear(spur gear i think) so the wheels wouldn't spin. After shutting the engine the other gear (connected to clutch) spun on its own before stopping. I then took the truck and lightly pushed it on the driveway and everything spun together like it was supposed to. Does anyone know what happened and how to fix it?
Thanks in advanced, sorry for such a long message.