RCU Forums - View Single Post - u-can-do 60
Thread: u-can-do 60
View Single Post
Old 06-08-2011, 09:07 PM
submikester
My Feedback: (6)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: u-can-do 60

I've got one of these coming to me via my lovely and wonderful wife to makes sure I have most Sunday mornings available to fly...

I have two engines I could use. So far I'm only up to about page 30 on the reading... The two engines I have are a Magnum 91RFS (4 stroke) and a Magnum 120RFS (also a 4 stroke). The 120 is new in the box - never been run. The 91 (I have like 4 of these babies) runs like a champ, I usually pull a 14x6 on it for my sport planes. I read in the beginning of this thread that the 91 4 stroke was a good match. This engine has proven to run as well as an OS 91 SII (seriously scientific comparison - details can be provided).

The 120, well - If a 91FX is a good match then the 120 4 stroke should be a decent match though it is probably about 4 oz heavier. So which engine?

Further on the servos - the recommended are basically standard servos. Will that be cool? I will put a heavy duty on the rudder. I think I'll start off with the standards and then upgrade it to some Hitec 5485s (pending further review) or the Spectrum standard digital (which looks like a nice servo actually). I do not think this bird really needs some digitals but I have a new DX8 and I want to run it at the lower refresh rate (11ms) and you need digital to do that. It will be interesting to see the difference between the performance with digital and without.

Wish me luck! I will probably start on it in a couple of weeks...