RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby King really sucks...
View Single Post
Old 06-10-2011, 04:30 AM
el_xero
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Hobby King really sucks...

Wow that really bites Bro. Sorry to hear about your misfortune I know how that must feel. Next time play it safe pay for the piece of mind. Thats what I do now.

I too would have bought a DLE20 from them, but I shopped around. I know HK is all the way in china I didn't like the shipping cost from there to here and from what i've read it's a b***h to return something if there's a problem. Warrenty? forget it seriously man. Also I've read in RCU or somewhere that the company making DLE have stopped selling their engines though companies like HK who make the prices very low (for price control) so what ever stock HK had is all they are going to have and no more after that.

When I considered all of this and the fact that I could get the same engine from towerhobbies not to mention the discount that I get with the tower coupons and that the price difference was only a few dollars I figured best go with tower. I ended up paying about 210 or 220 for the engine. From that time on when ever I see something from HK that I like, I shop around and see if there is a US supplier that has the same thing at or near the same price as it would cost to ship from china..

Usually I can find just what I'm looking for and a pretty darn good deal. I look at HK then tower in that, order then look else where
(only because of towers discounts. I always work with the discount coupons in mind-cheap though it may make me seem, it keeps me smiling) .

Tower doesnt seem to give their customers very much trouble.. at least not with me.
I've gotten refunded for errors they have made as of this week to the tune of over $250 for an error they made and it took just a phone call.

For me? I'd pay for the piece of mind I get with companies like tower or any other reptuable US supplier at least they kind of Have to be honest by virtue of being in the USA (no one likes law suits right?)
at least its what I think anyway.

Chuck it up to experience man Don't stay angry too long just get some air time.

I think I can totally get how you feel though that does suck balls!