RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lawsuit filed against AMA
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 04:25 AM
ARUP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Lawsuit filed against AMA

ORIGINAL: Sport_Pilot

Remember the infamous McDonald's hot coffee spill and the large settlement.
Bad example, many claim that was a valid suit. The woman required skin grafts. The woman was not driving, her husband pulled over and she pulled to top off which was stubborn and popped off spilling most of the contents in her lap. IMO not worth the award she got, but worthy of a lesser award.
She didn't deserve anything. You, I and most other logical folks know cars are for trasnportation purposes not eating, drinking, talking on telephones, eating cereal (I've seen that), reading newspaper, putting on makeup, etc. However, since auto makers continue to put cupholders in vehicles then they should be held culpable. McD got a lot of free press out of it and actually sold lots of coffee because it became known their coffee was 'hot'! Their attorneys decided to settle as a good will gesture. I haven't made a purchase from McD since. There were some issues about the coffeemaker thermostats called into question about that case, also. Our 'system' sure is 'wonderful'! No where else in the world can money be made through incompetence and the 'blame-game'. Makes me want to weep. The Meeks are welcome at any function I attend- NOT! I hope they choke on the money they 'earn'!