RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lawsuit filed against AMA
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 07:55 AM
Silent-AV8R

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Lawsuit filed against AMA

ORIGINAL: 804

FWIW,(not in reply to anyone), this is not the first time a spectator has been injured at Muncie.
A few years ago at the XFC, we witnessed a guy get hit in the eye by a piece of wrecked helicopter.

I attended the XFC again this year. IMO, AMA needs to think about keeping spectators farther away from the flightline.
An incident at our own field last Sunday makes me think clubs might need to think about the same thing.

XFC is not actually done by the AMA is it? In fact "the AMA" does not run any contests that I am aware of. Even the NATS for the most part are done by the various SIGs. IMAC does the Scale Aerobatics, LSF runs the Soaring NATS, NSRCA does the pattern NATS and so on. Perhaps the AMA can stipulate greater set back for spectators for events that people do at Muncie. Soaring is a little odd. It is not run like other RC events and I can easily see a situation where a spectator could be hit. She may have also been timing for her husband, in which case she was not technically a spectator. But the media may not have understood that nuance.