RCU Forums - View Single Post - Lawsuit filed against AMA
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Hossfly

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Lawsuit filed against AMA

ORIGINAL: KidEpoxy

PF-
Look at the landowners Site Insurance ama sells to chartering clubs.
When the landowner is sued for what the lil plane guys do on his land,
that is Primary insurance we gave the club landowner, aint it?
I believe it is so. If a landowner allows some activity on his/her property, then if an accident happens, that landowner is fair game for a legal battle. Usually the insurance company settles out of court if their legal staff so recommends.

Look at Jerero club:
There is a landowner that is covered by the clubs ama Site Insurance
for stuff that happens on his land that is run by the club whether he is involved or not.
//SNIP//
Consider:
When there is an incident/injury at (Jerero/IAC/SomeClubField)
the AMA Site Insurance will protect the landowner (MrCain/AMA/SomeClub)
if they are also named in the suit brought against the folks actually operating the site
Let's make a correction, KE. Mr. Cain has not owned the Jetero facility for some 11+/- years. I did hold the mortgage up until 4 years ago. Jetero now has another financier. I still own 40 acres and hold a mortgage on 10 acres on the East side of Jetero's facility, however I am not now connected in any way, except for being a life member, of Jetero RC Club, AMA Charter #1218.
I have no clue with any deed restrictions that the other mortgage holds. One of mine was that Jetero did assume the expense and thus maintain an AMA additional insured policy for my Trust Account that held/holds the property and all mortgages for my benefit.

My mortgage on Jetero's property was a full mortgage. Jetero owned the land. Just like most homeowners own their home but owe for it.

If there are any questions concerning this arrangement you can contact me directly.