RCU Forums - View Single Post - Hobby King really sucks...
View Single Post
Old 06-11-2011, 09:50 PM
Bob Paris
My Feedback: (13)

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Default RE: Hobby King really sucks...

Ok Guys,
I have said what I needed and its over for me. I buy 85% of my hobby goods from U.S. hobby dealers and I'm not making excuses for buying direct from China. No matter where I buy from, I need to pay shipping. Its getting cheaper to buy directly from China and pay for EMS shipping, then using the postal service, or one of the air freight guys. This year, air shipping to Hawaii has doubled, by Fed-X and UPS-and the post office ain't any better. To get a .60's ARF here, cost nearly 1/3 to 1/2 the cost of the model. The larger you go, the more expensive it gets, just to get it here. That is a reality for folks in Hawaii, Alaska and Guam. Buying an engine for $198.00 from China, or $280.00 from a U.S. supplier gets me looking into budget I live with...and how I can get the best bang for my buck. Tower gets most my funds anyway, and I've been dealing with them for over 20 years. One of the best hobby companies out there, period.

So let me up date you to what has happened with all my communications with Hobby King. I was on the computer with them again, this time in a chat with one of the Customer service guys, named Ricky. A nice and very polite gentalman. He informed me that he spoke to their managment, and that if I would buy hobby goods from their U.S. warehouse-with my on account funds, he would wave all shipping costs to Hawaii. So I picked up two RCG 20 gassers for what I had on account with them, plus an added $54.00 for the extra cost of the second engine. I was told it will arrive next week. True not a DLE 20...but something that will work for me. The issue is resolved.

I went on line with these folks and was direct. I was polite...but firm. Maybe I made sense to someone...and that changed everything. What they do in the future, I don't know. But I also told them that it wasn't good business, to show items for sale...they know they will never sell again, or there will be a very long delay in having them in stock. I felt it showed deception on their part, and that holding on to funds the way they did with me was not good at all. Get a reputation for not being honorable...and you will go out of business.

This hobby is as much word of mouth, as it is for advertisers that pay buck$ for it. Word gets around very quickly about companies and products. Screw a few to many modelers...and your screwed yourself out of business. This is how I see it and we are getting hamered hard enough here as it is, by the folks in D.C., the banks and the oil cartel. So I'll be damned, if I'm going to take it any more from anyone else...enough is enough.

Buy the way...I'm retired military. Helicopters...CWO U.S.Army w/two tours in South East Asia.

Soft Landings Always,
Bobby of Maui

I