RCU Forums - View Single Post - 50cc-ish reasonable $ twin? ISO engine for 12' Tele
Old 06-13-2011, 06:27 PM
JohnBuckner
My Feedback: (1)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default RE: 50cc-ish reasonable $ twin? ISO engine for 12' Tele

ORIGINAL: airraptor

ORIGINAL: JohnBuckner

I do have some tow experiance and currently using a Stearman PT-17 for a tug. Its a bit smaller using an OS 120SE Which does beautifully for most of what we fly and up to around seven pounds on the gliders.

My take on what you want to do is the very best engine you could use for that airplane and that use is the OS 55GT. It is far more powerful that say the 52 cc Turnigy that I also fly but more importantly is perfectly suited to the job reliability and ease of starting (including hand starting) is superb. These are very important factors for a tug and not neccessarily is going to be acheved by a twin.

No it is not cheap but for a working airplane Cheap comes at a Price and that price is failure to acheve the mission.

John
pretty strong saying the 55GT is the best.

My VOTE is on the DLE 55 the 200 dollars you will save can go for props and so on.

Yes indeed and It is a superb engine for the mission and that mission is a difficult one. I never said it is a rock bottom cheapie and I prefer to save money by not breaking all those props in the first place.

John