RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anderson Power Pole Connectors. Have you had a failure or not?
Old 06-14-2011, 05:36 AM
2Sunny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anderson Power Pole Connectors. Have you had a failure or not?

Just wanted to update this thread for anyone who cares . . .

I'm now well into the second season of flying, and well over 200 flights on my first E-Motion using the APP connectors. Never have the connectors even gotten warm and on numerous occasions I have pumped over 100 amps through them, and there is only minimal evidence of burn inside the housing on the esc connection, and even then only on the tip due to initial sparking. In short, I am convinced that anyone who has had problems with these as a connector for high power, high amp application simply did not get a good crimp. I admit to being incredibly biased, but these connectors are SOOO easy to use, take seconds to crimp, look clean, and weigh only a fraction more than a Deans plug, I am genuinely surprised more folks don't choose these as a mainstay for their electric fleet. I will say that there are quite a few "closet APP users" out there 'cuz I see them at the field and still get the occasional PM asking "how it's going". Anyways just a quick update to say:

I highly recommend everyone try APPs!

Joe