RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anderson Power Pole Connectors. Have you had a failure or not?
Old 06-14-2011, 04:57 PM
Mike Wiz
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anderson Power Pole Connectors. Have you had a failure or not?

<EDIT> I didn't notice that this was an old thread when I typed that below. I'm glad it's worked out for you Sunny. That alone has me convinced to switch back to APPS. That's a job for the off season however. Thanks for the update.

Cheers

Wiz

Several years ago, some of the best brushless motors available anywhere were made by Tom Cimato. His company was called MaxCim. He also made the controllers for his motors. He worked in the aerospace industry at his day job. His systems came wired with APPs... on both ends of the ESC. I don't use APPs any longer. I got talked into the current handling hype and I needed a connector with a smaller footprint so I switched to Deans several years ago.. I've been giving a lot of consideration to the idea of going back. Just to echo what others have said, I would not consider running a Deans or an APP connector between the motor and the ESC. You need a good contact there. Either use a large, good quality bullet or solder the ESC right to the motor. On the battery side, I doubt any pattern pilot pulls so much current constantly as to heat up a properly assembled (soldered or crimped) APP. If you did, you probably would neeed higher than the 20C batteries everybody has settled on.

As you guys are flying them just give them a feel after you've flown. If they are getting more than a little warm you probably need a more robust connector. It's a simple test. You can even do it on the ground.