RCU Forums - View Single Post - Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.
View Single Post
Old 06-14-2011, 07:46 PM
DashRiprock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Aquacraft Super-Vee 27 Nitro.

I am still having the same problem with my boat idling too high. ive richened the HSN another turn. (ive got it set at 3 to 3.5 turns out from fully closed) that seemed to help a bit. but  when it starts it will rev hi for a sec or 2 then dies. im starting to think maybe its the fuel im running? its Omega 10% airplane fuel. which works great in my air boat but may not be so great in this?  i was just trying to avoid buying more fuel for the  nitro V if i didnt have to.

today i got it started and got the idle down a bit lower and actually got it to run long enough to get it in the water.
I just wanted to let it run in the water a little holding it in shallow water because the way its been so unreliably since i got it i didnt want to swim after it. i dont wanna run it out of the water for very long at all since its water cooled im afraid ill damage it.

anyway it died as soon as i got it in the water twice. and also at some point ive broken the driveline on the boat.
ive read that this is a common problem with these boats. i had a grim racer L40 X 57 prop on it at the time. i know this prop is a bit larger than what most people are running. would that be the problem? should i try a smaller prop, or are these flex shafts just that weak? i really wanna see this boat fly across the water someday!!
  but at least i seem to have got the problems with my air boat worked out and it ran really good today. this one is just giving me a real hassle since i got it.
where am i going wrong guys?