RCU Forums - View Single Post - Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside
Old 06-16-2011, 08:04 AM
FastRS4s
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Nasty 1/10 scale on-road cars using .21 or larger engines....come inside

I have a qeustion for you guys, i know alot of people are looking for the 44mm tires...or even the 40mm tires, what if i took a 26mm tire that u can basicly get anywhere, put it on the rear of my car, then put on a special adapter that will allow you to boltup another 26mm tire, so basicly it gives a 52mm rear tire...the step up is the same as a dually on a truck...yea, the weight might be alittle heavier then a 44mm tire...but it would diffently give you more traction u would desire, because lets face it, the people that want this wide tire are the one who mostly bash around with others in a parking lot, or those trying to make their tire stick to the ground with there big block installed...i think this could work, but theres one set back, and thats the balance of the wheel, you might be wobbling down the road....well, i think i am going to experiment with this...ill keep you posted.

Edit:

Heres a quick 3d design i whiped up.., the small hex would have the same thread as a nut and the shaft on the top would be threaded like regular.