RCU Forums - View Single Post - Twin Lizzie Build
View Single Post
Old 06-17-2011, 10:27 AM
knucklebutt

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Twin Lizzie Build

O.K. Gang second flight the other day. Gear re done to include about 2 deg of toe in. 1st attempt at take off still swing to the right HOWEVER !! here's a note for those who fly this. That dihedral at the wing tip !!!! well there was about a 4 Kt 90 deg crosswind very slight BUT the Lizzie rolled about 5 feet before that 4 Kt wind picked up that right wing . So 2nd attempt very slow throttle advance: slight left rudder (anticipating that right swing) and right aileron down and it tracked straight

NOTE: this plane will easily lift off at half throttle, Lotta lift in that "Selig" airfoil. so no need to cobb those throttles.

LANDING: tried flaps this time 1 notch about 15 deg required 5 clicks of down elevator. (this will be mixed out through the Tx) very stable approach, a slight bounce on touchdown (still have to learn where is plane wants to stall at) and again that swerve to the right. Now with 15deg of flaps it touched down sooooo slow that it didnt even have enough speed to make a full ground loop.

So like take off next flight I will anticipate with a smidge of left rudder at touchdown. I would have flow again but I did discover a weak spot (see photos) the airfoil alum tubing need to be beefed up. Instead of telescoping it bent. I have a fix for this that I will post this weekend

Denis

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89101.jpg
Views:	94
Size:	83.7 KB
ID:	1624454