RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 06-21-2011, 02:49 PM
TheRickster
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K

ORIGINAL: nexusdc5

Hey Hannes, Your Pilot looks Great! Your stealing my Ideas!!! lol... There's a guy out here that if you Send him a photo of your head, 360 Degree view and he will Carve your head and Exact face out of a block of Wood. Ive seen his work. He will carve it to what ever scale you need it... Anyways.... Looks really nice Hannes.

FYI!!! This message is for anyone who intends on Using a Moki to fly you Gee Bee.... I was talking to Gotz from Areoscale and he just received two Engines back from Over heating Damage! And thes engines were flying the Gee Bee! They were flying at over 300 degrees when they failed, The Moki Needs to be Baffled and the Temp comes down to 150 degrees! Please heed this warning, it will save you lots of $$$. The space in the cowl is just to big to Allow sufficient Air to pass over the heads and cooling fins. If the Cowl was smaller then it wouldn't be a Problem. If you need more info, You can ask me or you can call Gotz at Areoscale and he will fill you in... They are ,making their own Baffle for the Moki and will start selling it in a few months... Its Very Good Insurance...

Vince...

The cowl opening is so small as comapred to the Outside diameter. The entry lip and shape creates a Low pressure area behind it and curves the entry air towards the inside wall of the cowl. I was planning on making a short tube (long opening lip) to extend from the opening and to end in front of the radial to direct the air to the engine.. Another option would be to put a donut in the cowling to reduce the area between the cylinder heads and the cowl inner wall..

Rick