RCU Forums - View Single Post - Sport Twin Pics
View Single Post
Old 06-21-2011, 03:31 PM
Ed_Moorman
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Sport Twin Pics

My next twin was the T-Raider, short for Twin Skyraider, since the plane was made from 2 World Models Sky Raider Mach II ARFs. One wing was used and it had a 14" center section with a 1/4" ply dihedral brace added in the middle. Stock dihedral was used in the outer sections. The wing saddles needed to be modified since one side of the wing had dihedral and the other didn't. The stabs are joined in the middle with a brass strip and a plastic landing gear strap. You unbolt the wing and unscrew the stabs and each fuselage comes off individually.

It uses 8 servos, 2 for each control. Two OS .46AX engines, 11-5 props. This was my best flying twin. It was a pound lighter than the Outsider and would easily climb vertically. Good maneuvers. Flap spins nicely. Would go over the top in knife edge, but couldn't complete the complete knife edge loop.

I finally broke a wing spar and wiped the plane out on concrete. Mach II's are light and only have 1/4" sq. balsa spars. My mistake for not reinforcing or flying it too hard for 3 years.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Mk24863.jpg
Views:	57
Size:	222.2 KB
ID:	1626032   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lj22985.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	170.6 KB
ID:	1626033   Click image for larger version

Name:	Us54621.jpg
Views:	55
Size:	148.3 KB