RCU Forums - View Single Post - Went cheap. bought a DLE 20 and got burnt!!! UPDATE!
Old 06-22-2011, 01:25 PM
willig10

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Went cheap. bought a DLE 20 and got burnt!!! UPDATE!

That may be true of other engines, but DLE is pretty robust. My friend Bill GW had a DLE that had a cracked cylinder among other problems with his DLE. It took him awhile to get it going but he did get it going. When I dosee him at the field more times than not I ask him what engine is in his airplane that he brought to the field and most of the time it is "DLE".

I dont think that the less you spend the more problems you have is valid for the DLE brand in general. I do believe however that guys coming over from nitro to gas have a "nitro" mentality and some are afraid to touch the needles. I have heard many times that the needles are at factory settings. Those engines will run with the "factory" settings,but in the air the engineis not on "step" especially in the mid range. Some guys accept help, others do not.

Someguyswill not touch theneedles others that do atleast are trying.

So thereis a little bit of a learning curve involved going from nitro to gas and some of the junk engines outthere will not tune correctly,but Ihave not found that to bethe case with DLE.

Just saying.

Glenn Williams