RCU Forums - View Single Post - Which Aeroplane Gyros are best?
View Single Post
Old 06-24-2011, 01:32 AM
Steve Moore

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Which Aeroplane Gyros are best?

Well, I would just like to thank everyone for their input on this topic from my initial question of which Aeroplane Gyro is best.

Now we have had all sorts of comments in response to my initial question, and the two Greek guys (johnnie Red and Del Gato) have also contributed which I feel is very kind. I think they did misunderstand my question as correctly pointed out by Craig B. I was asking which gyro to use, not IF i should use a gyro. I fly with some of the best RC Jet pilots in the world and they have faith in gyros, they put tens of thousands of ££££ in the air and use these little boxes of tricks with no issues.

Johnnie Red, I can understand your frustration that you hold a PPL and people do not appear to be agreeing with your statements. What you have to understand is there is a hell of a lot of experience from all sorts of aviation backgrounds on here contributing to this post. Be it all disciplines of model flying or full size. For example I personally know guys who are contributing on here that have far more than a PPL, I personally hold a fATPL (CPL/IR) and there are several guys on here flying all sorts of heavy full sizes jets/props for a living, you would be a wise man to take on board some of the advice they are offering.

So we are still none the wiser as to the best gyro for ailerons, be it ACT or Futaba 351 etc

I will probably opt for the Futaba as my good friend my Geoff White has one in his Hunter and it is simply awesome, now just need to find out if it will work with JR/Spektrum AR9200 Evolution..............

Thanks guys

Steve