RCU Forums - View Single Post - Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K
Old 06-25-2011, 07:21 AM
TheRickster
My Feedback: (12)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Composite-Arf 33% Gee Bee R2 - First Flight - Pics - Videos - L@@K

ORIGINAL: hannes83

Please NEVER paint a Gee Bee with Pearl and Metal Flake. This airplane is not a Chip Foose customs car!! Please!! It´s a 1932 RACE PLANE.

1932 they Granvilles painted the plane with brush and gloss paint. Easy and cool.

And look on the markings, they are not on the original position. Why?

I think the quality of the paint job is very good, but I do not like the look - sorry**

It looks very nice I think..

Hannes remember that there were not headphones/communication radio used in the GeeBee in 1932 and also if the Granvilles had to transport the Gee Bee back in 1932 it would have been on a flatbed truck.. Far as the decals go, even Delmar's replica is not "Exactly" like the original. Delmar and Steve found out by comparison from a person that actually had a part of the original covering off the vertical fin and the replica they built and finsihed that it was very different from the original in both size, shape and color. IF you go through the archives on the web and look at pics of the R1/R2 you will notice many variances especially in the prop and cowl areas from picture to picture even..

I am not crazy about the factory finish from C-Arf and I applaud anyone for "fixing" it .. Nexus ,I can only hope that you can access the flying wire attachment in the fuse properly without butchering the openings and distracting from the pulchritudinous finish of the aircraft..

Rick