RCU Forums - View Single Post - T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions
Old 06-25-2011, 06:04 PM
bob418
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: T-6A Texan II 75-91 ARF build suggestions

Bad Day!!

Another Texan bites the dust!!  I was out flying at our Airshow and flying my T-6A Texan and had a great flight and i came in for a low pass to drop the retracts and the fly by was perfect!

Took a final lap arond the field and was coming in on final at about 1/4 throttle and into a nice 5 mph wind, and my bird just dropped out of the sky!  and did a nose dive into the field!   I thought i had low power in my lipos and my esc cut out since I had no throttle or control surfaces.  A pretty bad nose dive, took out the nose, and wrecked my lipos (will have to check out the rest of the plane, but the wing is in preetyy good shape and so was the tail

I will post pictures.

But the lipos all cells were at 3.7 vdc each cell, so had lots of power left.  I will have to check all the control surfaces and my CCPro BEC and my castle ice 75.  and of course the power 90.

But the folks watching me fly could not understand what happen,  she was coming in for a landing, and it has a great glide to her.

BUMMER

Looks like time to buy a plane and reuse the wings, and have a spare set just in case  

anyone have a spare texan

The plane is a great flier!! 

WIll let everyone know what next steps are.

Bob