RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldwing Su-26m Build
View Single Post
Old 06-27-2011, 06:34 AM
trimcraftrc
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldwing Su-26m Build

Last flight, I bounced the landing a bit and broke the prop. I've installed a new prop and also the cowl and spinner. I've got an access hole in the cowl so I can adjust the low and high speed mixture screws with the cowl on. The weather in Chicago was really nice this weekend, and I had the chance to fly my Su-26 again.

She starts up easily, and idles well. I still have a "burble" in the midrange which is annoying; I'm still slowly fiddling with the mixture settings to attempt to resolve this. Small changes are improving the mixture, but what is strange to me is that the burble is very slight on the ground and appears to get worse in the air. It has been suggested to me that the burble is caused by a mismatch between the low and high speed mixture settins - one is leaner or richer than the other and the transition is causing the burble. The prevailing thought is that one of them is still too rich, but if that is the case, why would the sound appear to get worse in the air? I would expect the mixture to lean out a bit in the air, but the opposite seems to be happening? Looking for some insight here...I probably should post this question on the DLE-30 forum thread as well.

Another Su-26 specific question: the landing gear - how can I 'firm up" the landing gear so there is not as much bounce? I seem to remember someone added some sort of wire or something across the legs of the gear...how did that work? Other than purchasing carbon fiber gear (which I can't afford right now), what other ideas/techniques have you used to stiffen up the gear on this or other planes?

Hope everyone else is having good flying weather and good flights.

Peace,
Mike