RCU Forums - View Single Post - How Many Builders Are Left?
View Single Post
Old 06-29-2011, 10:24 PM
JoeAverage

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: How Many Builders Are Left?

ORIGINAL: Avaiojet

JoeAverage,

How many words can you type in a minute?
That depends on if I turn the light on and can find my glasses.

I have some ARF's.
CMP, P-40, a CMP P-51, a H9 Corsair.
I was going to sell these NIB models, but now I'm thinking of CL'ing them!

They look good. I had to Google em'
I must confess I have a Hanger 9 Taylorcraft ARF I like and two others for training. You would know which ones would be suitable for "C/L open scale flying" and they would look great. I don't see enough scale subjects at control-line events so they would be great for appearances. I like Classic Stunt. I-Beam and Scale C/L models. There are a lot of Control Line ARFs intended for it but few that have any scale appeal.
We just had the most excellent weekend past at a Southern Ontario control-line meet, "The Beanfield" Contest for 80 mph Combat, 120 mph F2B Combat, Sport Racing and Profile Stunt. Maybe the participants feel the world encroaching on yet another traditional pastime and try a little harder to be accomodating to all comers but I have not has as good a time with a bunch of relative strangers in a long time. Within 30 minutes the wife and I had lap counters and stop watches delegated to us. An hour after that I had my arm twisted into flying in open Stunt. Marvelous. It had been a while. These combat models are state of the art high performance engines on wings that only vary slightly from each other. The other models, some profile scale others classic stunt. There were newer modern stunt ships. I had put my C/L stuff in the attic. Today I have been pulling it all out. We met some real great flyers who invited us to come to their sites. All a 2 hour plus drive but worth it. I have a C/L community again thanks to them.

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt57184.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	273.9 KB
ID:	1629613   Click image for larger version

Name:	Lg15727.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	265.6 KB
ID:	1629614   Click image for larger version

Name:	Gl19315.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	253.9 KB