RCU Forums - View Single Post - ST Blaze RxR
Thread: ST Blaze RxR
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 01:19 PM
Mustang Fever
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default ST Blaze RxR

A search turned up nothing on this, so I thought I'd start a thread.

Mine arrived before I awoke at 10 this morning, and I test flew it several times around 3.

It flies just as well as the one in the Tower video, having great acceleration on launch and a very shallow, fast glide.

The only part of assembly that got a bit tedious was trying to get the CG. You'll note that my 2200 3S pack is about as far aft as it's possible to be. She's a touch forward of the handy CG symbols on the bottom of the wing.

I used a Futaba 6EX 2.4 system. First time I've ever dealt with a V tail, and the Futaba took all the work out of that. It uses channels 2 and 4, and all that was necessary after activating it was to reverse the channels to get everything moving in the correct direction.

I set up the flaperon function, and am using maybe 1/4" of flap travel for approach and landing. It helps a little bit, but anything more than that makes the handling all goofy.

I couldn't abide the dumb blue decals, so used various colors of packing tape to trim it and make it more visible. Red/yellow/orange seems to offer a lot of help in this area.

I got it because it's cheap, flies well, and fits into the gap between the motorized Gentle Lady and the motorized Hollison P-51 sloper.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Jh15190.jpg
Views:	33
Size:	133.0 KB
ID:	1629851   Click image for larger version

Name:	To45326.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	144.4 KB
ID:	1629852   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ej12854.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	155.1 KB