RCU Forums - View Single Post - Maj. Woody's X-Treme Jets F-4C Phantom
View Single Post
Old 06-30-2011, 03:33 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Maj. Woody's X-Treme Jets F-4C Phantom

Hi Guys.
I'm back! I was out of turbines for about 3 months when I decided I could not let you guys have all the fun
This is the start of my build thread on the new X-Treme Jets F-4C Phantom. The jet is the smaller 1/9.5 Scale which works out to be 75" long with a 53" wingspan. I really think this will be the ideal size for me for regular flying. I won't need to pull a trailer everywhere I go. Actually I can't....I sold that too[X(] The jet was ordered today through BVM. I also ordered all the needed accessories to complete the jet. I am on the fence for power however. I am waiting for the new Jetcat P100 which is said to produce 23lbs of thrust. This is going to be an awesome motor considering it is the same diameter as the P70 but not as long I'm told. My other option is to drop in a P120 with 30lbs of thrust. Anton says the P100 would be perfect but you know how I like to fly. I wish I could have seen the size of the model in person and knew the overall ready to fly empty weight (no fuel) of the jet. I am really looking forward to this build and the quality of the construction and finish. Those who already have the new Phantom are very pleased with the kit. Say tuned for updates as they happen. Here is the color I chose.....OF COURSE!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Wu61333.jpg
Views:	307
Size:	51.0 KB
ID:	1629895