RCU Forums - View Single Post - Brodak CLP-16 F82 Twin Mustang
View Single Post
Old 07-01-2011, 01:35 PM
ken cook

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Brodak CLP-16 F82 Twin Mustang

I had a lot of fun with my twin mustang. Mine was powered with two Black Widows. The trailing edge really needs to be glue up well on this model. Ihighly recommend a little fiberglass over the joints. In the event of terra firma the wings is going to come apart. The Black Widows also made it a touch nose heavy requiring tail weight . This isn't a big deal, but two Cox Sure Starts would do much better putting the cg probably right where you need it. The other factor is that its easier to get two SureStart running simultaneously through the duration of the flight. You also get longer fly time with consistency. This gear is going to bend and this needs a bit of rework. Ifelt the kit assembled easy and accurately. Terrific flyer overall I could fly all the manuevers in the pattern with mine. Mine mets its fate when one of the engines quit coming out of a wingover. Icould fly this plane on 52" lines if needed . It got to be a handful though when you were down on one engine. The Sure Starts can be made even more powerful than the Black Widows using different reeds and glow plugs . You can purchase migh performance backplates and also cylinders. You could purchase both SUre Starts cheaper than you could buy one Black Widow. Iwould also recommend plywood firewalls and cheek blocks shaped to the fuse vs, the stock nylone engine mounts. These just provide a place for the fuse to snap off at . Another problem as with most twins with high rudders is that you can't see the elevator. This makes trimming your handle difficult not to mention hooking up your lines accidentally backwards. Ask me how I know. Ken