View Single Post
Old 07-05-2011, 03:44 PM
handyman 220
My Feedback: (54)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: WACO YMF

ORIGINAL: n6iap

Paul,

Welcome to the Brotherhood, I too am building the GP WACO. If one of your other biplanes is the Super Stearman you will see a number of improved similarities. I try to post updates on the other thread and get great ideas for personalizing my GP WACO from this thread.

I did an FAA N number search for mine and changed the registration to an American aircraft with N4949. My first choice was going to be N49WC after I saw some of the other WACO registrations but that registration belonged to a Super King Air 300. N4949W belongs to Southwest Airlines but N4949 is a retired number that used to belong to a 1928 Travel Air. That at least is an aircraft from the Golden Age of Aviation.

http://registry.faa.gov/aircraftinqu...Numbertxt=4949

I grew up in San Francisco, if you are wondering on the significance of using 49 in the registration.

jimm
n6iap
Yes , I have the SS also. I am just finishing up the PT-17. I'm installing a DLE 20 for power it will be my first gas build. Lots to learn over running nitro, kind of like learning all over again. I'll probably need all kinds of help, Thanks for the info I'll check out the other thread on the SS.
Paul