RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bell 47 Crash
View Single Post
Old 07-06-2011, 01:40 AM
lawrencelkl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bell 47 Crash

Hey folks,

flawn my old bell 47 G again last weekend ( jsut heli body, no canopy or seats etc yet) and it was hoverring good! then after a while, i started to get crazy glitches again whenever i throttle up! it was pretty scary considering its size and torque. looked for metal contacts, antena length etc but still cannot eliminate it. I am currently on 35Mhz and not sure if 2.4 will help here? any idea?

also, pardon me to ask some really basic questions. I read some posts and saying that the butterfly valve is VERY different from nitro's carb. My question is: if i am settign throttle servo linkage such that it is fully closed and fully opened at 0% and 100% (i.e. 0 degree fully closed, 90 degree fully opened), what (range) of throttle curve should i be looking at?

what i am seeing now is i can hover around mid stick, but once i increased that futher up, it is not gaining power and actually loosing power.

My both Throttle and pitch curve is not fat from the linear 0, 25, 50, 75, 100 at the moment and i think the throttle curve is way too high?

many thanks !

Lawrence

Please kindly let me know what curves are you guy using and waht is the maximum opening of the batterfly valve should i use?