View Single Post
Old 07-09-2011, 03:17 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Meister 1/5 scale P-47

ORIGINAL: Mustangman40

ORIGINAL: ram3500-RCU

Got some painting done. The challenge is 'aging' the new paint. (more pictures of that tomorrow) Right wing is fixed, here is the left. It will be done tomorrow night. Because it was a repair in the painted area, Brian didn't worry about patching the aluminum on the seams. It can easily be feathered in and new patch will not show.
Just thinking out loud on this.. Have you thought about not trying to make the repairs perfect, field repairs were common and not all that pretty.. I guess that you would need documentation that the real plane had a repair in that spot for competition, never mind........
I look forward to seeing this plane up close one day, might have to make it to a meet out east next year...
We already have some other 'field' repairs on the plane. Yes, these need documented to be of value in a scale competition.

Zombie is likely done for now in competition. But I still want to do this repair to make it disappear. I like the challenge in that as well. We plan to fly her a lot, and make as many events as we can with her, but not in serious competition.

The Corsair will be our new competitor.