RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP extra330L...any thoughts?
View Single Post
Old 08-24-2003, 01:30 AM
greenboot
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GP extra330L...any thoughts?

I had my first 3 flights today with the ZDZ 80 and I'm totally in love with it. For three hundred bucks, I don't know why everbody doesn't get one of these beautiful kits. The ZDZ80 is perfect for the way I fly. At 22 lbs, mine flies slow and light. I'm sure you could do a good job in IMAC with this one. When the engine breaks in, I expect it will hover from time to time.

The controls are not as big as you'll find on the full blown 3D planes. If you plan to spend most of your time hovering, you might want something else or at least get a 100cc motor.

Another nice feature of this kit is the size. It's about 8" shorter than other 1/3 scale Exras. Don't know why, but it makes it lots easier to fit in my truck.

Cody, I can imagine your pain at losing the plane after 7 flights. How can you be certain the plane handles so poorly with so few flights? I suspect your appriaisal may be tainted by your grief. I'm not questioning your building or flying skill, but sometimes these things happen. At any rate, I'm glad you found another plane you like.

Tom