RCU Forums - View Single Post - EF-1 at Nats
Thread: EF-1 at Nats
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 09:13 AM
iamtom

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EF-1 at Nats

Maybe I have over reacted but the back story is quite lengthy. I can't go into all of it but the folks involved in getting this class off the ground have hundreds of hours of sweat equity involved. I personaly really enjoyed the event. Most all the planes flew well. The course change was due to extreme down wind conditions which was problematic for many. The change cost us approx. 25 mins. and saved a humber of planes as well as the event moved along much faster. We thought we would not be done till after 4 and finished between 3 and 3:30. As for the course, there are choices. Just like 424 pick the course you like. Please do not loose sight of the objective. Bring pylon to mainstream flyers with a model which will perform as well as a racer as it might as a sport plane. Can anything be optimised? Sure. We all monkey with stuff when there are no rules to get what we want.
Sorry if I got excited, but the guys who put the most time and effort into this endevor have really thought this thing out. The general atmosphere surrounding the EF-1 event at the NATS was light hearted and fun especially after the stress of the QM-40 event the day before. I suspect EF-1 will continue to evolve as time goes on but I have to give a big THANKYOU to the folks who had the forsight to begin this aspect of our sport we love so much.
Tom