RCU Forums - View Single Post - GP Extra 300S resurrection
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2011, 10:21 AM
Andrewmc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: GP Extra 300S resurrection

Re seated the wing in the new saddle without incident. And then set about salvaging the tailplane. photo 1.

I cut the lite ply as close as possible to the HS and then laboriously sanded all remnants away until all I had was a clean Fin joined to the HS complete with tailwheel.

I fitted the wing to the plane and shimmed one side of the fuselage with a grocery store receipt to make both wing tips level - it does not take much at the fuz to have a big effect at the wing tips, even so A grocery receipt? I did have to fold it though, once.

I set up the wing incidence using a robart meter (0.5 deg neg relative to wing). I needed to sand the HS saddle very slightly to level off the stab - double checked everything and glued and clamped.

Fin is beautifully perpendicular to the stab and the stab alignment with the wings is within 1mm either side - can't really do much better than that. All in all quite chuffed with how the old parts fitted with the new fuz.

Now to make the turtle deck and fit the hardware. This is where I currently am with the build and no I didn't do all of this in one day.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Vt56330.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	86.6 KB
ID:	1635540   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki18839.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	86.7 KB
ID:	1635541   Click image for larger version

Name:	Dy77808.jpg
Views:	88
Size:	86.8 KB