RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Tiger SSK V2 break in problems
View Single Post
Old 07-16-2011, 12:41 PM
lukeer31

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thunder Tiger SSK V2 break in problems

Hi , im new here so ill keep it short and sweet
Basicly i am in the process or breaking in my second hand Thunder Tiger SSK Version 2 and ive hit a few
problems, the reason im breaking it in is because it has had a lining and piston replacement because the guy who
i bought it off had overheated the engine and it had caused it too seize, i did the fix ok but today after the cars 5th tank of fuel
i took it out with my other ssk to get the last part of the break in done, it was working fine unti it randomly cut out, i checked its
temperature which was nice and cool , when i tried to restart it, it put up a fight, didnt want too start and when i finally got it going
it was BUCKETING out smoke at idle, like a flood of blue smoke , it would also not accelerate, becauseit would cut out if i tried, the idle
speed also kept increasing and increasing until it was like it was going to explode, i checked the main jet too make sure it wasnt blocked and i kept leaning it out,
but still loads of blue smoke and refused to run, i did all the basic tuning checks, but im not sure what the problem is, does anyone have any suggestions for me.
Oh well at least for once when i come back from our local park with the cars nothing is broken or smashed

Thanks
Luke