RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldwing Su-26m Build
View Single Post
Old 07-17-2011, 06:54 PM
KORSARIO

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldwing Su-26m Build

Hi All,
It´s been a while since the last post I put. But Ihaven't had many chances of flying my Su26m. I must mentionthatI had the same problem posted before regarfing the landing; bouncing made the prop touch the ground and broke it. Lucky me had a spare prop. But it required to redo the carburation. I know nothing about engines so a friend has been helping me. I have learned a lot about low needle adjustment. In fact just today could tune the engine to solve theshutting off on low rpm regime. I will have to wait for another week to test it. It brings a question: I have worked out to achieve 1700-1900 rpm on low. Is that around the same on 30cc engines? I am using a 18x7 two blades wood propeller.

Regarding the bouncing on landing, I have applied what I do on my F4U corsair (the ubicuous Airfield 1430mm wingspan foam bird), I approach not so slow, which provides for a smooth landing. So if this is of value, can bring relief to the gear which tends to bend a lot.

The club where I fly has a long strip, suitable for jets, and rookies like me can benefit. Besides, the strip is made ofpavement, so the wheels don't stress the fuselage in the same way grass do. The downside is that it causes more damage when emergency landing occur.

I wish I had a partner who captures video to show. When I solve this problem I will definitely will upload some and share the flight with you all,

Happy flying!

Dave