RCU Forums - View Single Post - Does gyro on rudder work against aileron?
Old 07-18-2011, 03:18 AM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Does gyro on rudder work against aileron?

Having followed this thread from the beginning certain things have become apparent.

Harry is a very knowledgeable guy with an excellent grasp of theoretical and practical aerodynamics but, from where I sit does not appear to be getting to the root of the problem. I.e. a suggestion to eliminate yaw hunting or dutch roll.

My practical answer is to remove the gyro from the rudder and just allow it to control the nose wheel. Second is to fit a gyro to the aileron control because from practical experience with my DeHavilland 110 which has a swept back wing like the Mig and has suffered this ugly dutch roll for a long time has been completely transformed following the fitment of an ACT Wing gyro, the yaw hunting has completely disappeared.

I did consider a yaw gyro as watching the plane fly it definitely appeared the problem was yaw induced but, as the other jets I fly all have roll damping I thought I would try that first. It may well be I have cured the second problem first but because the model can no longer roll at will the tail cannot wag the dog.

m