RCU Forums - View Single Post - EF-1 at Nats
Thread: EF-1 at Nats
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 04:40 AM
luv to race
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EF-1 at Nats

Larry you should of come to our pit area and discussed your concerns and ideas for improvement. I had 2 of the F5D USA team members pitting right next to me, I had Jerry Small right in front of me (better info than what Dave Latcha could provide for sure).. Jerry is probably the leading motivator for the event, and one heck of a nice guy. He would of talked at length with you as to why they chose the battery motor combo they did. I have to believe speed and money where two big factors. I believe they had a target speed in mind that would allow any sport flyer to compete and handle the plane. If you wanted more performance the F5D stuff is over 200mph now, and those planes have every bit of performance you'd be looking for.

I think the planes will fly better in time, first time designs rarely fly perfect. The Shoestring that Jerry Small loaned me flew really good, and Horizon Hobby will have that on the market in a few months... and it looks bad ass. It was all very easy to set up and operate, and I'm not an experienced electric guy.

Cheers,
Randy Bridge