RCU Forums - View Single Post - New RC'er - requires a little assistance...
Old 07-18-2011, 11:14 AM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default RE: New RC'er - requires a little assistance...

ORIGINAL: Gamb!t

Cheers for the info guys. much appreciated - gonna get my bed time reading on lol.

can get the car running 'easy' enough.... but having a few technical problems

1. wheels wanting to spin soon as start up.

what im doing is starting the car on a block of wood to keep wheels off the ground. so carstarts up no problems.

2. once running, even with carb set to tiny gap, wheels still turning - ive recently changed the clutch spring but not the clutch shoes - the ones ive bought seem to be a couple of mm thicker than the shoes that are on. so the 'e lock' part doesnt want to push back over the top of the shoes when i try. is that normal?

3. even with the other two issues, i had the car working, was just giving it a rolling start once taking her off the block of wood, however as of today, when ive gone back to tinker with it, once started,(still on the wood) when i pull the throttle on the controller to give it the engine some rev's the engine just cutts out on me. what am i doing wrong.

ive hadthe engine offonce or twice, and have just screwed it back on... where it came from, is it that simple? or is there a set distance the engine needs to be to the central cog thing....??

is it worth me taking the engine off, carb off, cleaning everything, reassembleing and giving it another go? - i bought the car second hand btw - i

i know im prob just repeating noob errors, so im sorry if im asking the same questions every new beginner does.... but im really lost.... and looking to the pros for a little help / guidence if you would be kind enough to oblige.

many thanks

Gamb
Sounds like a tuning issue to me. Easiest way to fix that is to reset the carb to the default settings and retune from there.

Also, there is indeed a specific gap you're supposed to set between the gears. Too tight and they melt, too loose and they just strip. Just right and they last a while.