RCU Forums - View Single Post - EF-1 at Nats
Thread: EF-1 at Nats
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2011, 03:30 PM
Larry F

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: EF-1 at Nats

Hi Randy,
I actually did speak to Jerry last year about the motor choice, but a representive from Horizon who was there with Jerry cut me off, basically told me I did not know what I was talking about , so did not persue it further. This year Jerry was quite busy and I did not want to bother him. Maybe I should have been more persistant last year, but after being in aerospace engineering with Farchild Republic and an electronics design engineer with Kollmorgan for over 20 years specializing in linear motor drive, speed controls and switching circuits, I did not think anyone was going to listen because I was not a "NAME" in the hobby.

If anyone out there would like to check the efficiencies, take the current NMPRA Eflite 25 higher kpv motor on a 4S pack with the 8x8 and compare it to the lower 870 kpv Eflite 25 on a 5s3000 with the 9x9 . Even on a cheap Zippy Flitemax 30 C 5S pack, the later combination is more effienent and less expensive than the current combination with the new generation Thunder Power 65c 4s packs.
By the way hats off the Thunderpower for stepping up big time with the new 4S packs.

Either way, I hope the event suceeds and those in charge will evolve the event as needed.

Larry Fund