RCU Forums - View Single Post - EF-1 at Nats
Thread: EF-1 at Nats
View Single Post
Old 07-19-2011, 04:21 PM
HighPlains
My Feedback: (1)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: EF-1 at Nats

Maybe I should have been more persistant last year, but after being in aerospace engineering with Farchild Republic and an electronics design engineer with Kollmorgan for over 20 years specializing in linear motor drive, speed controls and switching circuits, I did not think anyone was going to listen
Not really a cogent argument to validate your point.

I've only test flown a Pogo, but found it rather easy and relaxing to fly. EF-1 will provide a gateway into pylon for the average modeler for a number of reasons:

1. They look good. I can't count the number of times that people told me that quickie is out for them because they look like the box it came in.

2. Dead stick landings terrify the average modeler. We all know that most people can't set a needle worth a damn, especially sport fliers. Give them two needles and they are lost. Now you can power up and go around.

3. People fly ARF's, these are very cheap to manufacture. Double the speed and square the expense. That will kill an entry level event.

4. No doubt a PRO class will develop sooner or later, but that will take a number of changes to the airframe as well as the power system. May the best engineer win......haven't everybody worked in Aerospace at one time or another eh, Fizz?