RCU Forums - View Single Post - 3spd mixed with 2spd parts
View Single Post
Old 07-21-2011, 12:44 PM
llkoolskillet

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: 3spd mixed with 2spd parts

ORIGINAL: llkoolskillet

Well i had quite the day today! Finally got to run for a long time which was real nice. Unfourtunatly it came to an end when my tranny blew up. This 3 speed bullet proof mod only works if all the gears are metal. So i but you can guess that the gear to blow was the only plastic gear in the tranny. The pics below show the carnage. What really amazes me is that the new high speed third gear has half a tooth missing. When the tranny went the truck was sitting there and idling. Im thinking that either the plastic gear started to shred and got a piece of plastic stuck in the H/S gear and chipped it causing the total failure of the plastic gear. I havent pulled the whole tranny out just the top off so i dont really know whats sitting at the bottom of the case. Any how if the whole tranny was metal gears instead of the 44t plastic gear i dont think this would have happend. I will be ordering the supposed titanium gear off ebay. I hope this fixes the weak link and makes it a total BP tranny. My picco has almost 6 gallons of fuel thru it and make tons of power to trash the BP tranny mod, im impressed!!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/HPI-Savage-titan...item43a753d9cc
This was the cause of the blow out for the first tranny
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax72867.jpg
Views:	101
Size:	79.1 KB
ID:	1638234