RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question about FOAM WINGS on gliders.
View Single Post
Old 08-22-2003, 05:15 AM
evlwevl-RCU

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default where are those dunes?

Hello Gregg,
I'm familiar with the area because I spent many a summer vacation there and still camp there by the golf course in that little camp ground. Where are the dunes in relation to that campground where the museum is? Im curious because I'll probably be coming down at some point and I'll have to bring my slope gliders and wing with me next time. By the way, you have to stop in town at that little Ice Cream shop, they make a good cone.

Oh back to the question. I'm not sure about that Ace wing but I'd recommend you get yourself 2 planes. From my experience, I say to go with something like an EPP XR or a Wing Warrior and build them light for your lightest days. Also I'd get something like a Patton 48" EPP warbird such as a P51 or Spitfire and build it so you can adjust the ballast if need be, this way your covered for what ever conditions you may find. Most of the guys at my slope think the same way. They bring up plane that can take advantage of gusty conditions and a wing for the lightest of breezes. As for flying either of these aileron planes? They are not that difficult if you've been flying that long.

Slope flying in my opinion is just a little different in the fact that you dont have to find lift that hard provided you have a good slope. In addition, you have to think a little faster on your toes because slope gliders will tend to fly a little faster then your typical floater will and remember to always turn into the wind till you get the hang of it

Rob