RCU Forums - View Single Post - Losi TLR 22 Buggy (Pics)
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 04:50 PM
BigTb17

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Losi TLR 22 Buggy (Pics)

Well darn. I bought a couple bearings on the way home from work so I could finish the build. Unfortunately, after only a few more minutes of building I hit another stopping point. The rear toe plate has a recess machined into it for the transmission and it isn't fully machined properly, so I am unable to install the transmission. I didn't notice it until I actually tried to mount the transmission and found it wouldn't fit into place properly.

I've had snags and little issues to work through with other builds, but this one has stopped me cold twice due to defective parts. How disappointing. I guess the build is at a standstill once again until I get the part from Horizon/TLR. I plan to call them and see if they will send me one. I would call tonight, but they closed like five minutes before I found the problem. I could probably modify the part myself and make it work just fine, but I'll wait to see what customer support says.

I guess I will probably still build the shocks and get everything as far along as possible in the meantime so that all I should have to do when I get a replacement is swap the part and drop in the transmission.

Here is a picture of the defective part. Right in the center of the picture notice the recess in the toe plate and look how it goes a bit past the screw hole on the left, but stops almost flush with the screw hole on the right. *sighs*