RCU Forums - View Single Post - Meister 1/5 scale P-47
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2011, 06:54 PM
ram3500-RCU
My Feedback: (221)

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts
Default RE: Meister 1/5 scale P-47

Just got back from one of the worst days I have had in construction. This is sooooo refreshing. What a cool thing to think about. Getting an old Meister back in the air.

We worked all week in blistering heat and humidity to get a second floor addition under roof. Below, a finished office (hard wood floor and all), laundry and bath, with crown. Again today, not a cloud in the sky and 95 or something. 30% chance of scattered showers, 30%. We had two sheets of plywood down when the clouds rolled in and the lightning started. 15 minutes later we had the back sheeted, the ice guard on and a couple rows of felt and a couple of us were starting the front sheeting. I called for the tarp just as the rain came. We scrambled to get it covered. I was on the front roof, two stories up, in a driving rain, holding the tarp down, unable to move for fear of loosing my footing, as they tried to get me the cap gun. I heard my son yelling for help in the back. He had ran around the corner in time to see our 12' tent 'flying' (I was jealous) and he had grabbed it by one leg and was holding it in mid air from going over a wrought iron fence and into the patio fountain and flowers.

Well, we got it covered long enough for the cloud burst to pass, threw the tarp back off and finished the roof, ice guard and felt, and got the step flashing all buttoned up about 5 minutes before the next downpour. As I closed up the house wrap on the first floor in the front, the rain was rolling off the new roof. It was like working under Niagara Falls.

So glad to be in dry cloths, kicking back, thinking about our big P-47s.

Go for it. Get Dad's plane back in the air. Much cheaper than building a new one.