RCU Forums - View Single Post - Plasti-Dip Body for Traxxas Slash
View Single Post
Old 07-23-2011, 09:11 AM
WindrockDog

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Plasti-Dip Body for Traxxas Slash

So I just got my Traxxas Slash 4WD the other day, and after running it around, I realize that the body scratches up kinda easy. Being new to the whole RC going 20+MPH, I figured I should try to save my good body for when I get the car fixed and I get good at driving. The spring retainer clip broke after the first discharge, so the car leans a lot and is hard to control.Anyway, I figured I could pick up a blank body, then spray the whole thing in black Plasti-dip. Then, it will hold up well to my stupidy and newbieness. Then, I will go for green accents, get some Monster Energy decals, and it will be a durable Monster Energy truck body! What do you all think? I have never seen it done before. Oh, and can I just paint over the Plasti-dip, or do I have to razor-blade it away and then paint the trim? Oh, and should I do the underside where the wheel wells are so the body is not damaged by the rocks I throw up?
Just so everyone knows, I would not be able to do this until the fall. IDK if anyone heard, but there is a massive heat wave that comes through the East Tennessee valley, and it is very humid. It is hell to go outside.
Thanks for the tips/comments/opinions!