RCU Forums - View Single Post - Anderson Power Pole Connectors. Have you had a failure or not?
Old 07-23-2011, 09:35 PM
albsurfer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Anderson Power Pole Connectors. Have you had a failure or not?

ORIGINAL: gaRCfield

I thought the luddite comment was just to keep anyone from posting about which method was better without any real supporting evidence. I did a quick search online about which was better, and while the majority of people seem to think it's crimping over soldering, most of it sounds like opinion.

I was wondering if the compression would affect the resistance of the connection, though I know for welds the compression helps the buildup of heat (increases resistance?) so I don't know.

Anyway, sounds like its really up to a matter of personal preference. I don't like Deans as there is little to pull on for disconnecting and I'm new to soldering. I like powerpoles because the guy I will be flying with the most uses them a lot, so for me it's good for support. Doesn't do much at a contest, but hopefully I can be prepared enough to get by in case something happens.
I realize this is an old post, but in the military, we didn't solder most modern power connections, they were CRIMPED ... in aircraft no less.