RCU Forums - View Single Post - topflite elder 40 build
View Single Post
Old 07-25-2011, 04:00 PM
Michel

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: topflite elder 40 build

Hi guys

Yes ,................. it,s been a while .

Right ,..... I,ve restarted this thread because , I,m goin to finish up my Elder ,...... FINALLY . I,ve built 4 planes since I,ve started it , sorrry , 5 planes . Now it ain,t comeing off the board .

Here are some of the mods I have made . First , I pinned the tail feathers , they looked way too weak for me , and this won,t add any weight . The control rods will be of carbon fiber , in a smaller diameter , much lighter , and I wanted to see the rods work , looks cool . The fuse has been glassed , and will be painted wth automotive poly and a gloss clear . Absolutly fuel proof , I will be covering the front with a chrome of some kind . The face of the cowl is rounded , I couldn,t take haveing it flat . The engine will be a Saito 56 , with a 14 oz tank , long flights . The saito will be inverted , and I might have to add a glow driver , but performance will decide that . The wing has been glassed in the center , covereing the first bay completly , the one that is balsa covered . The blocks , that the wing wire goes through , has been drilled , and slightly coned to accept the wire . The wire will be kevlar Vinyl coated , along with the wire at the rear of the fuse . The covering for the wing will be Solartex fabric . It will also cover the tail feathers . The throttle servo is a mini and the ballance will be Hitec,s 425 BS . Very ordinary servos , plenty for the purpose .

I will be posting pictures soon , as progress will proceed , I,d say with the next 3 to 4 weeks .

Any flights reports would be appreciated .

Hope you all have a good summer

Thanks for looking in .

Michel