RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba R6014FS & JR Servos compatibility
Old 07-29-2011, 06:18 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts
Default RE: Futaba R6014FS & JR Servos compatibility

Well the short answer is if you have an R6014FS rx without either a white or gold dot on the side of the case, it may not work with anything but Futaba servos because of the low signal voltage.

Hitec, IIRC came out with a fix for their bigger servos but I don't recall anything about the smaller servos? I don't recall seeing many posts about Spektrum/JR servos and problems but I suspect that anything short of the 3.0 volt signal voltage may cause problems. Why don't you shoot Horizon an e-mail?

One other issue and I'm sure this will bring out the orange T-shirt crowd; that original 6014FS rx also had a nasty tendency to shut down if ambient temps got over 100 degrees or the interior of the model got over that range due to sitting in the sun or exhaust sytems contained in the fuselage. In playing around with that rx, Futaba came out with rx's which have a white dot on the side and IIRC that pretty much took care of the low signal voltage issue and then they came out with rx's having a gold dot on the side which seemed to correct the unexpected shutdown if the rx got hot then they finally released the R6014HS which corrects all the issues with the 6014FS.

You MAY want to consider replacing the rx if it's a spendy model or one you'll have a lot of time in, but that's JMHO.