RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight Vanquish 2m Build Thread
Old 07-31-2011, 04:00 PM
rcpattern
My Feedback: (45)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Extreme Flight Vanquish 2m Build Thread

Joe,

I will say this and if Dave Lockhart is watching, he will agree with me. The Vanquish is a VERY good airplane. It does everything well for any AMA class. For top level Masters or FAI, I would probably want just a hair more power, but I plan on playing with some props to see if I can get some more out of it. I personally love my Winds as I have a Neu motor in the front. The Vanquish with a little more power in it would be a plane I would happily fly in the Masters finals without hesitation. Honestly, for AMA, I think the Vanquish does some things better as its easy to maintain a constant speed. The Wind will do it, but it requires some more throttle management. No one could get a Vanquish and blame their flying on the plane. It is more than competitive and better than many more expensive planes out there, especially for AMA classes. Too many times people flying the lower classes ask how a plane flies relative to the F pattern in FAI. The Vanquish is a top level plane. There are some things that if someone was flying FAI, they might like a little more rudder, but having a little softer rudder is a benefit in AMA classes.

Arch