RCU Forums - View Single Post - US JET WORLD MASTERS
View Single Post
Old 08-02-2011, 06:19 PM
Tango Juliet

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: US JET WORLD MASTERS

The Yak-130 is a superb example of craftsmanship and engineering. I come from an aviation maintenance background in the USAF (B-52H's and B-2A Stealth Bombers) and I tend to notice the little things that the average modeler may not, but I didn't notice until watching the video, the rotating beacon light! It's not just simply a flashing LED like so many use and try to pass it for authentic, but a lamp with a rotating reflector! Gives a whole new meaning to 'Attention To Detail'.

David - The Flight Crews at Whiteman AFB, MO, where the B-2's are stationed, spent time doing sleep studies in the B-2 Simulator to determine how best to fly long missions from here in the US to any target location around the world with just the Pilot and Mission Commander. At one time they had set a record for (simulated) flight time by one crew. The aircraft was designed with a third seat location, but wasn't purchased by the Air Force with the third seat. This area was just suitable for a sleeping cot for 'Power' naps by one of the two crew members until reaching the target zone. How do I know? I was a B-2A Crew Chief from April '93 to Feb '98 .