RCU Forums - View Single Post - Buying Radios off Ebay???
View Single Post
Old 08-20-2003, 01:31 AM
gdjsky01
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Buying Radios off Ebay???

I've sold and bought lot of stuff on EBay including a Laser 4 and 6. I felt I gave them good deals. I see very little 'illegal' items for sale. I don't know where that comment comes from. Some items are BNIB and are legal for countries other than the US (like 35mhz), but if you are that much of a beginner that you don't even know the legal frequencies, then you should not be on Ebay!

I've gotten some good deals, some 'fair' deals, and some dogs. For example I bought a Futaba 7UAFS PCM 1024 tx only or 100 bucks. A fair deal. I bought a Prism 7x with Spectra for $140. Remember the Spectra sells for $99 bucks itself. A 'fair deal'. I've bought some Modules for the 7UAF for 30-40 bucks. "Fair" deals. None of these are run away bargains. But they are decent savings over equivlent new items. I bought a legal Futaba FP-T6FG/K six channel with a FM frequency module for $30. What else... a Wattage PF-12 charger for $39. Several RX's like a 6ch GWS for 25, a HiTec Feather for 20, a Hitec 555 for 35. "Fair deals" over new. IMO I've saved 100s over buying equivlent new stuff from my LHS which is often no help whatsoever.

Best of all I rarely have gotten 'screwed.' It wil happen if you buy enought stuff on EBay but I find it rare. Especially if you stick to your price and don't go a cent more (and watch out for shipping!).

Jeff